APPOINTMENTS｜School of Management, Fudan University
Fudan University is one of the top-tier universities in China. The School of Management has been accredited by AACSB and EQUIS for more than ten years. In 2020, the School ranked the 1st in Mainland China and 87th worldwide in the UTD Top 100 Business School Research Ranking. The school has always stood at the forefront of the times, and developed itself with entrepreneurial spirits.
The Department of Business Administration was established in 1920. It was one of the three founding departments that constituted the restored School of Management in 1985 and was one of the departments that have the longest history at Fudan University. The department represents the school, a founding member and a major sponsor, to collaborate with International Association of Chinese Management Research (IACMR) to facilitate Chinese management research and education among scholars, educators, practitioners, and policymakers.
As an economic and financial center of China, Shanghai has its own responsibility in the new era. To embrace national science and technology innovation strategy, Shanghai launched STAR Market (Sci-Tech innovAtion board) in 2019 to encourage the growth and development of Sci-Tech start-ups in China. This strategic action makes Shanghai a perfect place for management scholars to explore the new phenomenon in business practice. The School of Management at Fudan University invites international and domestic applicants for faculty positions at all levels (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor), specifically in the following four domains:
- Strategy and entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Corporate governance/Strategic leadership
- Organization management and Human resource management
Candidates should have or be close to obtaining a Ph.D. degree in related research fields in world-known business schools. Strong candidates should have the willingness to work on responsible and high-quality research, and publish in internationally and domestically recognized journals. Candidates whose research plans are consistent with the vision of the school have the priority in the selection process.
Qualifications vary for different levels of faculty positions:
- Assistant Professor
Candidates should show strong potential in research and teaching
- Have the willingness to work on responsible research, and to pursue the truth and integrity;
- Have rigorous academic training and the potential to do good research independently;
- Be proficient in both Chinese and English communication and have the ability to teach undergraduate courses;
- Have the desire to grow up with academic community and contribute to the development of the school and the university.
- Associate Professor
Candidates should have a good record in research and teaching, and have the ability or interests in MBA teaching.
- Have an Associate Professor position in international or domestic business schools, or an Assistant Professor position with outstanding research records;
- Have the ability to do good research independently, and published in high-quality journals as a first or corresponding author;
- Have good teaching records;
- Have the ability or interests to communicate with government, and international and local companies, and the desire to contribute to the development of the school and the university.
Candidates should have international reputation and impacts in their research domains, and have the ability or interests in MBA/EMBA teaching.
- Have a Professor position in international or domestic business schools, or an Associate Professor position with outstanding research records;
- Have the ability to independently lead a research group, be a world-renowned scholar and have influential publications in top management journals as a first or corresponding author;
- Have good teaching records;
- Have the ability or interests to communicate with government, international and local companies, and international and local research community; Have the desire to contribute to the development of specific research domain, the school and the university.
- An internationally and domestically competitive base salary;
- A platform to work with world-renowned scholars, and competitive research seed fund.
- Premium education benefits for your children, including kindergarten, primary and secondary school education, offered by Fudan Compulsory Education Group;
- Housing benefits, including Junior Faculty Apartments, housing allowance, and other university and school welfares that support a secured and decent life;
- An open atmosphere and friendly colleague team with shared mission of academic and social impact.
Please submit your application package with the subject heading “FDSM Faculty Application 2021- Business Administration” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The required application materials include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and samples of published or working papers. Three letters of recommendation are required for the Assistant Professor level. The letters of recommendation can be sent later in separate emails directly to email@example.com.
The application review process will start from July 2021. The interviews for selected candidates will be conducted online due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Faculty Development Office,
School of Management, Fudan University
670 Guo Shun Road,