IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – April 2015
IACMR Bimonthly Briefing
– New IACMR Officers (2015-2018) Election Updates
– 2015 IACMR Research Method Workshop Updates
– 2016 IACMR Hangzhou Conference
– Monthly Executive Committee’s Meeting Briefing
– 2015 March Issue of MOR
– News of Management Insights
– Members’ Profile
– Members’ Publications
– Job Openings
|New IACMR Officers (2015-2018) Election Updates|
Nominations for the IACMR biennial election of five officers and two non-voting Ph.D. student representatives were closed on March 25, 2015. The Nomination and Election Committee has discussed about the candidates and finalized two candidates for each position on the ballot. The candidates on ballot for the election were identified and the voting system will be open before April 25 for members to cast voted before May 15. The election results will be announced on May 25.
The five officers to be elected are Vice President/Program Chair and Four Representatives-at-Large from the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Chinese Mainland and the two Ph.D. student representatives are from the Chinese Mainland and an overseas university.
We encourage you to participate in this important effort to choose the future leader of IACMR and your representatives.
|2015 IACMR Research Method Workshop Updates|
1) Application Submissions
The 2015 workshop online submissions were closed on March 15. With good efforts of promotion of the workshop, 146 applications have been received, which did not include the applications from the hosting school of Tianjin University. After the evaluation and screening by the faculty advisors, the acceptance/rejection letters were sent out on April 2. The online registration has been open since April 1. Members who have received the acceptance letter have to confirm the intention to attend the workshop by registering and paying the registration fee here on-line by April 30, 2015.
2) Accommodation and arrival information
Accommodation and arrival information is online. Hotel reservation form can be found here.
3) Reading materials for the workshop have been posted online. All attendants please go online and download the materials available. Please finish reading these course papers and required book chapters before attending the workshop in July. The other members may also read them by clicking here if you are interested.
|2016 IACMR Hangzhou Conference|
Ms. Zhijun Yao, Executive Director of IACMR, paid a visit in March to Zhejiang University (ZJU) for the 2016 IACMR Hangzhou Conference preparation. The School of Management of ZJU organized the 1st LAC meeting on March 15 with the LAC members from 8 schools: ZJU, Zhejiang University of Technology, Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics, Zhejiang Gongshang University, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Ningbo University, Ningbo Institute of Technology and Hangzhou Dianzi University. Dean Xiaobo Wu and associate deans Ling Chen and Larry Zhou from ZJU were present at the meeting. The deans from other local LAC schools assured of their full support to the conference.
Zhijun Yao also had a meeting with the Dragon Hotel about changes in the venue demand to ensure sufficient rooms and space are booked at the hotel. Currently, ZJU is working on the revised budget and signing the contract with the Dragon Hotel.
|Monthly Executive Committee’s Meeting|
The Executive Committee members had the monthly meetings on March 6 and April 15 respectively. They reviewed the preparation progresses of the 2015 officer election, the workshop, the 2016 conference and the website revamping project. The two award committees (the Distinguished Scholarly Contribution Award and the Distinguished Executive Award) have been formed and the call for nominations will be released soon. The EC also discussed about the IACMR reception at 2015 AoM. It will be sponsored by the School of Management of Zhejiang University. There will be a keynote speech before the reception and the keynote speaker is being identified.
|2015 March Issue of MOR (Volume 11, Issue 1)|
The latest issue is available online. As the first issue published by the Cambridge University Press (CUP), this issue is open to all IACMR members. However, only fee-paying members can access to the full articles from the next issue. Please click here to pay your membership due if you are interested in reading MOR articles on line.
Table of Contents:
– Prize or Price? Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment and Sales Performance in the Chinese Private Sector
Zhiyu Cui, Xiaoya Liang and Xiongwen Lu
– Meanings and Dimensions of Organizational Justice in China: An Inductive Investigation
Chun Guo and Jane K. Giacobbe-Miller
– Detrimental Citizenship Behaviour: A Multilevel Framework of Antecedents and Consequences
Jason R. Pierce and Herman Aguinis
– An Integrated Model of Justice and Ethical Climates and the Influence of Cultural Diversity
Robert Macklin, Angela Martin and Karin Mathison
– Trust and Deception in Negotiation: Culturally Divergent Effects
Jian-Dong Zhang, Leigh Anne Liu, and Wu Liu
– Hiring of Personal Ties: A Cultural Consensus Analysis of China and the United States
Xiao-xiao Liu, Joshua Keller and Ying-yi Hong
|News of Management Insights|
1) Prof.Xiongwen Lu, Publisher of Management Insights and Dean of School of Management, Fudan University, made an inaugural statement (in Chinese) for the initial issue of Management Insights. Please click here to read the statement.
2) Research Highlights of Management Insights (March 2015) is available. Please click here to read the article.
— Family Control of Ownership and Management of Family Business in Emerging Markets
— Competition-Driven Repositioning in China’s TV Broadcasting Market
Dr. Jingzhou Pan from Tianjin University shares with us his experiences with IACMR in the latest “Members’ Profile”. Dr. Pan is also a coordinator of IACMR Local Chapter at Tianjin and he contributes a lot to IACMR since he was a doctoral student in Renmin University of China. Please click here for the full text.
We solicited members’ publications by email recently. Quite many members replied to us and provided us with the information about the papers and books they published in the past 3 months.
The following schools are recruiting faculty members. Please click here for the detailed information.
School/ University: School of Business, East China University of Science & Technology (ECUST)
Positions: Full-time and part-time faculty (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor)
Contacts: Ying Wang, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +86-21-64253882 (O)
School/ University: Business School, Ningbo University
Positions: Academic leaders, Assistant, Associate, Professor
Contacts: Yang, Email: email@example.com, Tel: +86- 574-87600383 (O)
School/ University: China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
Positions: Assistant, Associate and Full Professor in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Contacts: Ms. Daisy Li, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School/ University: School of Management, Lanzhou University
Positions: Assistant, Associate and Full Professor in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting, Human Resource Management, etc.
Contacts: Xihui Xu, Email:email@example.com
If your school needs to post job vacancies at our website, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to online posting, the information about job vacancies is also posted via our official WeChat (IACMR2002), now 1230 subscribers] and included in the Bimonthly Briefing which is distributed to all the IACMR membership. Please find our Job Posting Policy here.
|Your Input Welcomed|
Your contributions are also welcomed. You can send us news about members’ activities, research information, feedback about IACMR, information from management field, etc. to email@example.com. Submission deadline is 10th of every even-month.
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – April 2017
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – December 2016
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – October 2016
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – February 2016
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – December 2015
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – October 2015
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – August 2015
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – June 2015
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – April 2015
- IACMR Bimonthly Briefing Special Issue for Jan.~ Feb. 2015