Bimonthly Briefing – August 2017
1. IACMR Research Method Workshop Held Successfully
2017 IACMR Research Methods Workshop was successfully held in July in Wuhan from July 9 to 13. The School of Management of Huazhong University of Science and Technology co-organized this workshop.
120 participants from 56 Universities/Affiliations of the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Portugal, the US and Australia attending workshop this year. 16 of them were faculties and 104 were students. All participants were divided into 14 discussion groups and each group was led by one faculty advisor. Faculty gave 16 lectures on key methods topics such as measurement, qualitative research, survey research, etc. Participants also discussed their research proposals in small group sessions led by faculty.
The workshop report is available online now. In addition to the contents about the lectures, discussions, the welcome and graduation dinners, reflections are also included from some participants. Please click here for the details.
2. IACMR Board Meeting and Annual Business Meeting Held in August
Taking the opportunity of scholars gathering at the AOM annual meeting, IACMR organized the IACMR Board meeting, business meeting and a joint reception on the AoM meeting site of the Atlanta Marriott Marquis in Atlanta, USA. Please click here for the detailed reports on the events held on Sunday Aug. 6.
3. IACMR-AIB Sessions at AIB annual meeting 2017
The two panels were running successfully. Anne, Victor Nee and Zhixue Zhang did a session on Chinese management research. About 15 participants were there. Another panel regarding Chinese MNEs attracted early 40 participants in the afternoon. Participants in both panels showed great interests by asking questions.
4. IACMR-Lancaster University Research Conference
The joint China Management Research Frontier Conference with Lancaster University was held successfully on July 28. Prof. John Child from the University of Birmingham was there to give an opening remark on behalf of IACMR.
- Management and Organization Review (MOR) Updates
New initiatives from MOR
1. Monthly newsletters will be sent to IACMR members to increase their awareness of the journal and its contents.
2. Will publish both perspective papers and empirical papers.
3. Promote MOR to researchers outside of China, such as the IB scholars and scholars conducting studies on other Asian economy and emerging economy contexts.
4. Focus on shortening time to publication.
5. Provide abstract translation to Chinese and other major languages for each paper published at MOR
6. Compile a solid group of 29 senior editors who are established scholars in the field to build a mentor-mentee relationship with contributors to help them better develop papers.
7. Emphasize managerial implications of each paper. In addition, the paper shall be driven by research questions instead of data.
8. Establish a pre-approval process for submissions. Promote responsible publication by giving recognitions for authors willing to share database.
9. Other regular info expected from MOR: 1) Articles of the month 2) Calls for special issues 3) Highlight hot research topics 4) A collection of papers by topics
- Management Insights (MI) Updates
- Management Community News
1. Corporate-Social-Responsibility (CSR) Conference organized by School of Management, Northwestern Polytechnical University will be held from November 18 to 19, 2017 at Northwestern Polytechnical University. IACMR support this conference. The conference invited four scholars as faculty advisors, they are Prof. Heli Wang （SMU,Lee Kong Chian School of Business）, Prof. Cuili Qian （UT Dallas, Naveen Jindal School of Management）, Prof. Hao Liang（SMU, Lee Kong Chian School of Business）and Prof. Danqing Wang（HKU, School of Business）.
Paper and abstract/proposal submission deadline: October 15, 2017
Author notification of accepted presentations: October 30, 2017
Conference final schedule notification: November 5, 2017
Please click here (in Chinese) to read detail information.
2. The Business School of Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSBS) will hold 2017 annual international symposium on frontier management research in Guangzhou (SYSBS campus), China on December 3, 2017. The conference theme is “Knowledge Management in Global Competition”. This conference will be featured with keynote speeches by internationally recognized scholars in the area, such as Prof. Oded Shenkar, Prof. Jiatao Li, Prof.Tailan Chi, Prof.Yadong Luo, Prof. Jeffrey J. Reuer.
Paper and abstract/proposal submission deadline: October 31, 2017
Author notification of accepted presentations: November 15, 2017
Conference registration deadline: November 20, 2017
Please click here to read call for paper and download registration form.
- Job Openings
The following school is recruiting faculty members. Please click here for the detailed information.
School/ University: School of Management, Northwestern Polytechnical University
Positions: Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor
Contacts: Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your school needs to post job vacancies at our website, please write to us at email@example.com. In addition to online posting, the information about job vacancies is also posted via our official WeChat (IACMR2002), now 7500+ subscribers, and included in the Bimonthly Briefing which is distributed to all the IACMR membership. Please find our Job Posting Policy here.
- Your Input Welcomed
Your contributions are also welcomed. You can send us news about members’ activities, research information, feedback about IACMR, and information from management field, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is 10th of every even-month.