Call for Papers: The Inaugural MOR Paper Development Workshop
June 15-16, 2024
Business School, Hunan University, Changsha, China
Submission Deadline: April 10, 2024
To promote the mission of Management and Organization Review (MOR) to become “the premier journal for ground-breaking insights about management and organizations in China and global comparative contexts” and to inspire scholars to develop indigenous theories and explore interesting phenomena and research questions within the Chinese context, IACMR and MOR are jointly organizing the 1st Paper Development Workshop (PDW) on June 15-16, 2024, at the Business School, Hunan University, Changsha, China.
The first day is reversed for registration. The second day consists of a half-day academic conference in the morning and a half-day PDW in the afternoon, led by Professor Xiao-Ping Chen, the Editor-in- Chief of MOR, along with several Deputy/Senior Editors. We encourage all IACMR members, especially research/Ph.D. students and junior faculty, to participate. In the morning academic conference, MOR Deputy/Senior Editors will deliver keynote speeches. In the afternoon PDW, parallel sessions will be held to discuss the accepted papers and detailed research proposals, during which the authors will receive guidance and feedback from the MOR editorial team.
To ensure that all accepted submissions receive detailed feedback, the PDW plans to accept around 20 full papers and/or detailed research proposals, depending on the quality of submissions. We strongly encourage the authors to submit their full papers or detailed research proposals to MOR for publication consideration after the PDW. MOR plans to offer a fast-track review process for these submissions and publish these papers promptly once they meet MOR publishing standards.
Conference Submission Guidelines:
- Research Scope: Submissions within the scope of MOR are welcome. This includes but is not limited to organizational behavior, human resource management, firm strategy, entrepreneurship, international business, family business, and technology and innovation.
- Submission Method: Please submit full papers or detailed research proposals to Dr. Ya Xi Shen(email@example.com) by April 10, 2024. Acceptance decisions will be made by May 10, 2024.
- Submission Format: Submissions can be either full papers or detailed research proposals.
- Full paper For full papers, please prepare your manuscript following the MOR Author Submission Guidelines outlined below: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/management-and-organization- review/information/author-instructions/preparing-your-materials#fndtn-new
- Detailed research proposal
- Proposals should not exceed 5,000 words and should include research questions, a brief and relevant literature review, disciplinary perspectives for the study and other relevant parts if necessary; for quantitative research, it should also include hypotheses, targeted sample, planned measures and analysis.
- Proposal submissions should include a timeline to complete the project and a short version (no more than five pages) of all authors’ academic vitae, highlighting the authors’ educational background, professional experience, and academic achievements.PDW Submission Review Committee: Chair: Prof. Wei He (Nanjing University)
Associate Prof. Long Zhang (Hunan University)
Local Committee (Business School, Hunan University):
Prof. Zhi Yang (Dean of School)
Associate Prof. Long Zhang (Head, Business Administration Department)
Associate Prof. Wei Zeng
Associate Prof. Xinxin Lu
Assistant Prof. Ya Xi Shen
Assistant Prof. Shuisheng Shi
Assistant Research Fellow Zhu Yao
Updates regarding logistics and accommodation information will be provided at a later date.