CFP: 2023 Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund Grant
Proposal submission deadline: April 15, 2023
Background and Scope
The Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund was created in 2016 to commemorate the life and work of Professor Kwok Leung, and to continue his mission of supporting young scholars. The fund is intended to support Ph.D. students who need funds to collect data to finish their dissertations. An applicant may submit one proposal for funding consideration during each award cycle.
The fund is open to all doctoral students doing Chinese Management research. Research that is “Chinese” includes studies where data is collected from Chinese companies or Chinese individuals. Research that is “Management” includes micro OB, macro OB, and strategy. Chinese Management research includes (but is not limited to) Cross-Cultural Management research and Indigenous Chinese Management research.
Funding and Deliverables
Each year there will be a maximum of five awards of RMB 10,000 yuan (before tax) each. Support will be prioritized based on the quality of the research proposal, financial need, and track record of accomplishment by the student. Winners will be announced by June 1st, 2023, and the award will be presented at the 2023 IACMR Conference (Hong Kong).
Please be reminded that once their dissertations are completed, award winners are expected to provide an executive summary of the research findings and a copy of the dissertation (with acknowledgment of the IACMR Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund).
Proposal Submission and Evaluation
Applicants must be active IACMR members(membership fee current). Applications should include:
• A cover page: indicate membership, classify dissertation track (micro/macro), contact information
• A one-page biography
• An abstract of the proposal
• The proposal itself (15 pages max., single-spaced) with the following structure:
- Theoretical background, research questions and expected contributions
- Research method and data collection
- Expected impact of the Dissertation Fund on the quality of the research
- Research schedule
- Detailed budget, including sources of support other than this dissertation fund
• A signed letter from a faculty advisor commenting on the author’s research potential and affirming that s/he is working on a dissertation proposal
Please merge all the materials into ONE PDF file. Proposals that do not meet these requirements will not be sent for review.
We asked the proposals to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for the Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund”, by April 15, 2023. The proposals will be forwarded to IACMR Research Committee for assessment.