Emerald/IACMR Chinese Management Research Fund Award
2017-2019 IACMR/Emerald China Doctoral-Research Publication Awards
Supporting the dissemination of knowledge for the social good in China
IACMR – International Association for Chinese Management Research – and Emerald are delighted to offer a research grant for China Doctoral-research publications in the field of management. The award will offer 8,000 RMB to fund each of two winning articles, as well as prize of 4,000 RMB for each of three runners-up.
Applications should address how their scholarship helps to disseminate knowledge for the social good with a specific orientation towards benefiting mainland China.
IACMR is pleased to offer the winner(s) a complimentary membership, which will include a subscription to Management and Organization Review, for 12 months. To those who are already IACMR members, their membership will be extended by one year beyond their current membership expiration date. Similarly, Emerald will also offer a subscription to Chinese Management Studies, on the same terms.
Articles published in international management journals in the current year (2017; or “in press”) with a doctoral student based in mainland China as the first author; eligible authors include those who are currently students, or graduated within the last year.
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2017.
Winners will be announced in 31 March 2018.
Each application will be judged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
- Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit the social good.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
- Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
- Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
Each proposal must be submitted to the following email address:
The following documents will be required electronically:
- The published PDF version of the article (including doi), or any official proofs from the journal or acceptance letter from the journal editor to confirm that the article has been accepted and is in press
- The Application Form containing full contact details (affiliation, full address, telephone number/s and e-mail address) for all researchers involved in the project.
To view this information online, or to find out about the winners from previous years, please see
For further information please contact:
Publishing Relationship Manager
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Tel: +86 (10) 8225 0912
2017-2019 IACMR/Emerald China Doctoral-Research Publication Awards Application Review Panel
Wu Liu (email@example.com)，Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Macro committee members:
Chung Chi-Nien (firstname.lastname@example.org), Singapore National University
David H. Zhu (David.Zhu@asu.edu), Arizona State University
Micro committee members:
Yuan Jiang (email@example.com), Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Yujie (Jessie) Zhan(firstname.lastname@example.org), Wilfrid Laurier University