IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – October 2017
- IACMR News
1. IACMR 2018 Conference Preparation
Thanks to the great support from the IACMR members, we have received over 790 submissions have by the deadline of mid-night Oct. 15 (US Eastern Time), which is a new record of our conferences! In addition, over 550 members have registered to be reviewers. Now the track chairs are assigning papers to reviewers and the reviewer process will last until the end of November.
In addition to paper and symposium presentations in the Scholarly Program, the Professional Development Workshops (PDWs) will be held on June 17, 2018, the last day of the conference. Now we are calling for PDW submissions (click here for details). The submission Deadline is midnight November 25, 2017 (U.S. Eastern Standard Time).
2. Distinguished Scholarly Contribution (DSC) Award 2018
After the call for DSC Award nominations was publicized in early June, we had received six nominations by the deadline of June 20. The seven members of the DSC Award Committee had a couple of WebEx meetings and several rounds of voting. Now the result is announced and the winner is Professor Oded Shenkar from the Ohio State University. For details about Professor Shenkar, please click here.
3. IACMR Presidential Award for Responsible Research in Management
This award is sponsored by IACMR and the Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM). Responsible research is defined as studies that produce both credible and useful knowledge. The award is to recognize research that exemplifies the seven principles of RRBM. The purpose of responsible research is to encourage studies that contribute to basic knowledge that has implications for making the world a better place through evidence-based, high quality and societal beneficial business and management practices. For details about “Seven Principles of RRBM” and submission procedure, please click here.
(1) Runtian Jing, Incoming Vice President, and Zhijun Yao, Executive Director, paid a visit to Xi’an on Sept. 11-12. They explored the possibilities of hosting the 2020 biennial conference with Guanghua School of Management, Xi’an Campus and the School of Management, Xi’an Jiaotong University and visited some potential conference venues.
(2) Neng Liang, President, Zhixue Zhang, Vice President and Zhijun Yao visited the Economics and Management School, Wuhan University on October 2. They had a meeting with the leadership of the Economics and Management School to discuss about preparations of the 2018 conference.
5. Case Study Teaching & Research Workshop
The workshop co-organized by IACMR and the Economics and Management School, Wuhan University will be held at Wuhan University on November 10, 2017. Prof. Neng Liang (IACMR President) and Prof. Zhixue Zhang (IACMR Vice President) will give lectures on Case Study Teaching, Management Education and Multiple Teaching Methods. Over 110 faculty members from various universities have enrolled for the workshop and 70 of them will be eligible to attend it.
6. Academy of Management Discoveries Special Issue Workshop
The AMD Special Issue of ‘Sustainable Development for a Better World: Contributions of Leadership, Management and Organizations’ is co-sponsored by Academy of Management Discoveries, IACMR, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University and School of Business, Nanjing University. The following two workshops will be held for this special issue.
Time: December 5, 2017, Tuesday, 10-12 Noon
Location: Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, Building 2, Room 217
Time: December 12, 2017, Tuesday, 10-12 Noon
Location: School of Business, Nanjing University, Room 407
Please click here to read details about enrolling for the Workshop.
- Management and Organization Review (MOR) Updates
1. MOR open calls for papers: ‘Business Model Innovation in Transforming Economies’ with guest editors Henk Volberda, Oli Mihalache, Carl F. Fey, and Arie Y. Lewin Submissions due March 28, 2018. Please click hereto read full text of the Call.
2. MOR 13.3 is published online. In particular, Management and Organization Review encourages authors to submit proposals for preregistered and preapproved studies. After peer review, such proposals can receive a conditional acceptance in Management and Organization Review ? all before data are collected and results are obtained. Please click here for details and to read article abstracts of Management and Organization Review13.3. IACMR paid members can click here to read full papers after login.
- Management Community News
1. The Business School of Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSBS) is to organize its 2017 annual international symposium on frontier management research in Guangzhou (SYSBS campus), China on December 3, 2017. This year’s theme is global knowledge management in businesses who are already competing internationally and those contemplating entering the international arena. English will be the functional language of the symposium.
Paper and abstract/proposal submission deadline: October 31, 2017
Author notification of accepted presentations: November 15, 2017
Conference registration deadline: November 20, 2017
More detail information please visit here.
2. China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) has established a research fund with donation from Cathay Capital Private Equity . The fund invites academics and scholars to submit research proposals for projects on private equity-related topics. The deadline for proposal submissions is 31st October, 2017. Project approval decisions will be made and emailed by 30th November, 2017. Please click here to read more information about CEIBS-Cathay Cross-Border Private Equity Research Fund.
3. A Positional View of Firms’ Reactions to Rankings: Rank Categories and Firm Actions Induced by Category Boundaries School of Management, Wuhan University of Technology.
4. The 2nd Annual CEIBS OB/HR Symposium: The Good, the Bad, and the Dynamic: Re-examining the Leader-Follower Relationship will be held on CEIBS Shanghai Campus on November 28, 2017. The symposium is intended to be a forum for academics to discuss their newest research in organizational behavior and human resource management topics. This year’s symposium will gain insight into both the positive and negative ways that leaders can impact followers as well as the ways that followers and leaders jointly define this relationship.
Detail information about program, abstracts, speakers and contacts please visit symposium website.
- Your Input Welcomed
Your contributions are also welcomed. You can send us news about members’ activities, research information, feedback about IACMR, and information from management field, etc. to email@example.com. Submission deadline is 10th of every even-month.