Job Opening| University of Nottingham Ningbo China (NO. 182016)
Job Title: Associate Professor in Leadership and/or Management Development
Reference No: 182016
Contract Status: Full-Time
Job Family: Academic
Closing Time: 2021/12/27 23:59, Beijing Time
Salary: 595117 RMB to 706812 RMB per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor in Leadership and/or Management Development.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide academic and organisational leadership to those working within Leadership and/or Management Development research area(s).
- Act as the principal investigator on research projects within the area of Leadership and/or Management Development.
- Develop and sustain an ongoing national and international reputation as a research leader in Leadership and/or Management Development, through original research work. Disseminate and explain research findings through leading peer-reviewed national and international publications.
- Contribute to curriculum leadership and to teaching and learning programmes in the Leadership and/or Management Development academic unit, e.g. through delivery of Leadership and/or Management Development advanced research lectures to staff and/or delivery of course modules.
- Deliver consistently excellent teaching and support for student, influencing others via own practice; develop and apply high quality and appropriate teaching techniques and materials.
- Participate in the development of NUBS China’s executive education business, collaborating with colleagues in NUBS China and the University.
- To supervise and examine Post graduate, Masters and PhD students.
- Contribute to the overall management of the Department/ NUBS China
- PhD or equivalent in relevant subject area.
- Proven record for publishing in high quality international journals in Leadership and Management or closely relevant areas, such as ABS3/ABDC-A ranked journals.
- Extensive research and teaching experience with an established or growing national and international reputation in the field of leadership development/ management development.
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 8,000 in just 16 years.
As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognized degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. In operation for just over 10 years, NUBS China currently has approximately 2,800 students of which about 400 are enrolled in postgraduate programmes including a Ph.D. programme. It has a rapidly expanding international faculty of about 90, all based in Ningbo China and coming from 27 countries or so. The school is EQUIS accredited and is part of a university that is highly rated and is seeking to improve further its ranking among the world’s top research and teaching universities. NUBS China focuses its efforts around the three “I”s-International, Innovative, and Interactive. Since 2011, NUBS China has rapidly progressed towards an increasing focus on high impact research, customized executive education, and high-quality teaching.
The Department of International Business and Management plays an important part in the School’s teaching programmes and offers a wide range of modules in OB/HRM, strategy, international business, business ethics and law at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
You will be offered a fixed term contract initially with University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of up to five years with effect from 1 September 2022 or as soon as thereafter. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 595,117 to RMB 706,812 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). In addition, an attractive package including employment support allowance, first arrival allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system before 27 December 2021 at here. Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Dr. Lei Li, Head of Department of International Business Management of Nottingham University Business School China at email: Lei.Li@nottingham.edu.cn. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8854), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.