Job Opening| Xiamen University Malaysia
ACADEMIC STAFF RECRUITMENT
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
XIAMEN UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA
Xiamen University (XMU), established in 1921 by renowned patriotic overseas Chinese leader Mr. Tan Kah Kee, is the first university founded by an overseas Chinese in the history of modern Chinese education. As one of the China’s leading research universities, XMU is ranked #278 in Best Global Universities at US News 2021.
Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) is an internationalized branch campus of XMU. Being the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia, XMUM aspires to become a university with a distinct global outlook, featuring first-class teaching and research, and embracing cultural diversity.
School of Economics and Management (SEM) is now seeking highly motivated, committed and qualified individuals for the positions of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in the School of Economics and Management to join our diverse and dynamic faculty.
- • Applicants must possess a PhD degree or nearly completed (i.e., A.B.D) in a related discipline
- • Track record in research, ability to contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, through high-quality international publications and/or attracting competitive external research grants in the related fields
- • Evidence of high-quality teaching ability
- • Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or postgraduate students for final year/research project
- • Outstanding English communication skills
- • Indication of the capacity to engage as a member of committees for the University community
- • Ability to contribute to the administrative duties and governance at any or all of school, faculty or University level
- • Ability to work positively and cooperatively with staff and students
ACADEMIC POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Applicants with specific teaching and research interests in the following area(s) are encouraged to apply:
- • Accounting
- • China’s Business and Economic studies
- • Business Ethics
- • Human Resource Management
- • Organizational Behaviour
- • Corporate Governance
- • Digital Marketing
- • Operation Management
- • Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- • Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- • E-Commerce
- • Business Data Analytics
- • Strategic Management
- • Econometrics
- • Financial Econometrics
- • Banking/Investment Banking
- • International Finance
- • Financial Engineering
- • Financial Technology
- • Risk Management
- • Other Related Areas
WHY CHOOSE XMUM
- • First overseas branch campus established by a trusted and renowned Chinese university with a long history of academic excellence
- • International working opportunity imbued with distinctive Chinese elements
- • Diverse campus culture coupled with state-of-the-art infrastructure
- • Competitive salary commensurate with qualification and experience in Malaysia
- • Comprehensive fringe benefit package, including annual leave, medical insurance, housing and transportation allowance etc.
- • On-campus / off-campus accommodation will be given the priority to the international staff subject to the availability
- • Internal research funding and individual office will be provided
- • Strategic location and healthy living neighbourhood
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit a digital application packet to: email@example.com
The subject line of your email must include: your name, relevant academic discipline, and the specific position for which you are applying for. All application packets must include the following attachments:
- 1. Your detailed and current CV with full list of publications (indicating authorship, indexing & Quartile);
- 2. Cover letter stating the source of job advertisement;
- 3. Evidence of academic qualifications (Bachelor, Master & PhD Certificate; Bachelor, Master & PhD Transcripts and Professional Certificates);
- 4. Full-text of three to five representative publications (if applicable);
- 5. Teaching evaluation of the past three years (if applicable);
- 6. At least two academic references.
- 1. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- 2. Anticipated commencing semester: February / April / September
- 3. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- 4. Welcome to visit http://www.xmu.edu.my for more details.