2018 Conference (June 13-17, 2018)

Visa Information

No visa is required if you belong to the following categories:

1. According to bilateral agreements between China and foreign countries, citizens of some countries who meet requirements set out in the bilateral agreements may enter China without a visa. You may read for details the List of Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption Between China and Foreign Countries.

2. Hold connected passenger tickets and are in transit to a third country or region by an international aircraft, ship or train via China, will stay for not more than 24 hours in China without leaving the port of entry.

3. Citizens of the following 51 countries, who hold valid passports with confirmed onward tickets and seats on international flights and transit through to a third country or region, can apply to stay in the transit city without visa for 72 hours via the following airports: PEK, PVG, SHA, CAN, CTU, CKG, SHE, DLC, XIY, HGH, KWL, KMG, XMN, WUH, TSN, HRB, TAO, CSX. (For more information, please check the website of the transit airport). FAQ On 72-hour Transit Visa Exemption for Foreign Nationals.

Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Montenegro, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

4. Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan holding ordinary passports may enter China without a visa provided that they come to China for tourism, family visit, business or transit, and intend to stay in China for no more than 15 days. However, the following personnel of these three countries must apply for a visa in advance if: a) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for tourism, family visit or business, and intend to stay in China for more than 15 days; b) They are holders of ordinary passports, and come to China for study, employment, permanent residence or on a news reporting mission.

5. A holder of a valid APEC Business Travel Card.

6. A holder of a valid Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People’s Republic of China

7. A holder of a valid Permanent Residence Card for Aliens of the P R China.

* Those enjoy visa exemption to China as mentioned above are required to apply for Z, X1, Q1, S1, D, J1 visa accordingly before they enter China, if they go to China for work, study, family reunion, long term family visit, permanent residence or as resident foreign journalist.

If you need a VISA, please visit Chinese Visa Application Service Center website at http://www.visaforchina.org/ or visit the website of your local Chinese Embassies.