IACMR Bimonthly Briefing – 2022 April
- IACMR Young Scholar Development Seminar Series Session #10- 11
- IACMR Research Seminar Series Session #22-24
- IACMR Teaching and Learning Forum Session #4
- Call for Nominations｜2023 IACMR Distinguished Scholarly Contribution Award
- Call for Proposals｜2022 Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund Grant
- Call for Submissions | 2022 IACMR “The Scholarship and Methods of Teaching” Workshop
•Management and Organization Review (MOR) Updates
- Article of the Month (March-April)
- MOR18.1 Table of Contents and Abstracts
- MOR SI Information Session: Chinese Technology Ventures in the Digital Era
- MOR Special Issue CFP｜Heterogeneity among Chinese SOEs
• Management Insights (MI) Updates
1. Current MI Issue
• Community News
- RRBM Newsletter：Supporting and Recognizing RRBM Initiatives
- Job Opening｜Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (Taicang)
- Job Opening｜Nottingham University Business School China (NUBS China)
• IACMR News
1. IACMR Young Scholar Development Seminar Series Session #10- 11
On March 9 2022 (China Time), the 10th session of the seminar series was held online via Zoom. Organized by Professor Jiwen Song, Head of Management Department, University of Leeds, the theme of this session was 哈佛妈妈谈天赋教育, the speaker was Dr. Patty Farh. Please click here for the replay of this session.
The 11th session of IACMR Young Scholar Development Seminar Series will be held on May 13, this will be the 1stsession of IACMR-Wiley Webinar Series: Publishing Successfully on International Management Journals, and the theme is: First Step to Success—From Writing to Submission, the speaker is Shuang Ren from Deakin University (Co Editor-in-Chief for British Journal of Management), please click here to register if you are interested.
2. IACMR Research Seminar Series Session #22-24
On March 30th, the 22nd session of IACMR Research Seminar Series was held online. Professor Zhen Zhang from Southern Methodist University gave a speech themed on Multilevel Theory and Analysis: Ongoing Debates and Future Directions. Please click here to watch the video recording of this lecture. Co-Chair of IACMR Research Committee, Professor Wu Liu of Hong Kong Polytechnic University chaired this session.
IACMR Research Seminar Series session # 23 was held online from 9:00-10:15 on April 20. The guest speaker was Professor Greg Distelhorst from University of Toronto. The topic of this presentation was Assessing the Social Impact of Corporations: Evidence from Management Control Interventions in the Supply Chain to Increase Worker Wages. Co-Chair of IACMR Research Committee, Eric Zhao of Indiana University hosted this session.
The topic of 24th session will be Pushing the Boundaries of Organizational Research: Examining Cannabis Use at Work, Human-animal Work, and Technology-induced Cultural Change, the speaker is Dr. Yam Kai Chi from National University of Singapore, the language of his speech is English and the time will be 9:00-10:15 a.m. May 25, 2022 (China Time, UTC+8), please click here to register.
3. IACMR Teaching and Learning Forum session #4
The fourth session of IACMR Teaching and Learning Forum was held on 9:00-10:00 am, April 29, 2022 (Beijing Time), the title of the talk was The Fun and Function of Teaching, spoken by Professor Christopher K. Hsee from the University of Chicago. Professor Neng Liang of CEIBS chaired this talk. Summary of the talk will be released soon on IACMR website.
4. Call for Nominations｜2023 IACMR Distinguished Scholarly Contribution Award
IACMR invites you to submit nominations for the Distinguished Scholarly Contribution Award. This award is given out every two years, in recognition of a scholar who has devoted much of their career to the study of Chinese management and has made significant contributions to the theory, methods, or practice of Chinese management. Winners are recognized leaders in the field who have enhanced the visibility of Chinese management research in the global community and inspired other researchers. The next winner will be recognized at the 2023 Biennial Conference in Hongkong. The deadline of this year’s nomination is June 30 2022, please click here to get more details.
5. Call for Proposals｜2022 Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund Grant
2022 Kwok Leung Memorial Dissertation Fund submission deadline is April 30, the fund is intended to support Ph.D. students who need funds to collect data to finish their dissertations, an applicant may submit one proposal for funding consideration during each award cycle, please click here for more information.
6. Call for Submissions | 2022 IACMR “The Scholarship and Methods of Teaching” Workshop
2022 IACMR “The Scholarship and Methods of Teaching” Workshop will be held from July 29 to 31 at School of Business Administration of Zhongnan University of Economics and Law. This workshop is designed for faculty members with at least two years’ teaching experience in the field of management. The application deadline is May 9 2022, please click here for more information.
• Management and Organization Review (MOR) Updates
1. Article of the Month (Marth-April)
State-Owned Enterprises as Institutional Actors: A Hybrid Historical Institutionalist and Institutional Work Framework
Olivier Butzbach, Douglas B. Fuller, Gerhard Schnyder and Liudmyla Svystunova
Instrumental Love: Political Marriage and Family Firm Growth
Feifei Lu, Xu Huang, Erica Xu, Chi-Nien Chung and Xiaogang He
2. MOR18.1 Table of Contents and Abstracts
Please click to get the MOR18.1ToC and MOR18.1 Abstracts.
3. MOR SI Information Session: Chinese Technology Ventures in the Digital Era
MOR held an online Special Issue Information Session on Chinese Technology Ventures in the Digital Era on April 18. We are in the digital era. Big data, artificial intelligence, and other emerging technologies are transforming the nature of business and enabling new business models, new organizational structures, and new modes of entrepreneurship. These new forms of business practices generate great challenges for organizational leaders to develop successful strategies. Entrepreneurs face the speed and magnitude of change that technology brings, the significantly greater level of uncertainty, and the higher costs of failure. These new phenomena call for rethinking traditional research tracks on strategic leadership, decision making processes, and governance. This webinar explained the scope of topics, please click here to watch the recording.
4. MOR Special Issue CFP｜Heterogeneity among Chinese SOEs
Although state-owned enterprises (SOEs) in China account for nearly a quarter of Fortune Global 500 corporations and play increasingly important roles in the global economy, only limited research has examined Chinese SOEs. This special issue seeks to advance research on differences in major organizational practices and outcomes among all types of Chinese SOEs. Please click here to get more information.
• Management Insights (MI) Updates
1. Current MI Issue
Please search “复旦管理视野” small program in WeChat for current (28th issue) and back MI issues. Paid IACMR members can go to dedicated member area of IACMR website for back issues of MI.
• Community News
1. RRBM Newsletter：Supporting and Recognizing RRBM Initiatives
The RRBM community continues to inspire and gain momentum with growing awareness of the global community that supports RRBM. It focuses on two outstanding RRBM initiatives that deserve full support and recognition. The first is 2022 Responsible Research Summit that will be hosted (face-to-face) on June 6-7 at the the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania; Secondly, RRBM announced the winners of the 2022 RRBM Dare to Care Dissertation Scholarships, which have been awarded to seven outstanding young scholars. Please click here for details.
2. Job Opening｜Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (Taicang)
Please click the hyperlinks for the job description of Job ID: 2662 and Job ID: 2423.
3. Job Opening｜Nottingham University Business School China (NUBS China)
Please click here for the job description (in Chinese).
• Your Input Welcomed
Your contributions are also welcomed. You can send us news about members’ activities, research information, feedback about IACMR, and information from management field, etc. to email@example.com. Submission deadline is 15th of every even-month.